Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:49:25PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:

| Alternate approaches (that involve significantly less work)

That's the bit that I (and presumably others) am not convinced about.
You keep making this assertion, but with little to back it up.  Have
you, e.g., looked at the Categories definitions for .desktop files?  I
don't believe that mapping them onto the section field of our menu
system (and vice versa) without losing any information would be trivial.

Cameron.