Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Scripsit Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org>
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 02:51:53AM +0100, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

> > You do realize that the desktop standard has more features than the debian
> > menu system? Like i18n, icon theming, dynamic construction of a menu
> > hierarchy based on user /Desktop system preferences and so on?

[...]

> Because you gain *nothing*

Are you claiming that everyone who says that .desktop has technical
advantages is a liar? These features actually do not exist in the
desktop format? (It may be so; I have no firsthand information, but it
does sound far out).

--
Henning Makholm          "Ambiguous cases are defined as those for which the
                       compiler being used finds a legitimate interpretation