Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 11:47:28AM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:49:25PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>
> | Alternate approaches (that involve significantly less work)
>
> That's the bit that I (and presumably others) am not convinced about.
> You keep making this assertion, but with little to back it up.  Have
> you, e.g., looked at the Categories definitions for .desktop files?  I
> don't believe that mapping them onto the section field of our menu
> system (and vice versa) without losing any information would be trivial.

We don't have to map them onto anything. We just have to pass them
through to the menu methods in a fashion that allows them to generate
.desktop files.

We *may* be able to do more interesting things with them, but we don't
*need* to.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |