Re: exec-shield (maybe ITP kernel-patch-exec-shield)

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:32:40PM +0100, Peter Busser wrote:
[...]
> In fact, I doubt that Linux will ever be able to provide security
> that exceeds TCSEC C2 or Common Criteria AEL4 level of security
> assurance, no matter how much code and technology you throw at it.
> For security professionals real security generally starts at the
> TCSEC B1 or CC AEL5 level. Making such a system usable is even
> harder than making it secure. :-)

I thought to propose "Ultimate Computer Security Tool" (TM).
Weighty hammer (about five Kg of net weight). :-)

Someone could say that the temperature above 3000 degrees is better,
but that isn't so picturesque as hammer.

[ Sorry for of topic, but I couldn't resist ]