Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:13:05PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> > I guess this would be not really hard to implement.
>
> You just described one of the many features of testing.

Except that in testing happens at the wrong time.  The problem with
testing is that, by the time we realize that a package won't build on
all platforms, other developers have already built and uploaded packages
that depend on this buggy package.  This prevents otherwise bug-free
packages from entering testing unnecessarily.

This provides a simple baseline that a package must meet before it can
be depended upon by other packages.

noah