Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Marc Haber wrote:

> It is, IMO, however, a good idea to split the distribution into
> sub-projects that release independently. We have long ago grown beyond
> manageable size.
I'm not convinced that sub-projects will be able to release independently.
A release is a big effort.  IMHO sub-projects serve for the purpose to
concentrate the focus on relevant bits for the intended purpose among the
huge mass of packages.

On the other hand a sub-project centrix Knoppix is always a good idea
if it would be easy to create such a beast without any effort.

Kind regards