Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

> I worry about indirect delays. Scenario: developer A@ do good job with
> packages A, but A requires packages B. What should A do?
> Waiting and not lose the motivation?
But the problem can be the other way around: A builds his package against
package of B which has no chance to enter testing.  This is frustrating.
Or even A builds his package against a version of package B which is fine
but will be overriden by a new version of B which has an FTBFS bug before
the old version of package B had a chance to enter testing.

> Help B@, maybe with a NMU, but still waiting the canonical time for NMU
> (on normal time)?
Perhaps.  Or rather B might be try harder to get his package into unstable.

> If you want to implement such pre-autobuild I would like to see:
> - relaxed NMU time
> - the developers (maybe requiring not only uploader) could override the
> waiting status in pre-unstable queue.
> - ..
Hmmm, why not, but this is not necessaryly connected to my suggestion.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)