Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 03:08:11AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:

> I think rejecting it during this process of deliberation is better
> than letting it sit there.  A rejection alerts the maintainer that
> there's something wrong with the package.  In most cases, the maintainer
> will agree and fix the package, so that it's no longer borderline and

It also helps avoid periods where things are sitting in limbo (never
good for transparency) and puts the onus for driving the process forward
onto the maintainer (who is presumably more motivated to deal with
things than a ftpmaster who's not convinced a package should go into the
archive).