Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:29:44PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> James' rejection message apparently *explicitly said* that another
> ftpmaster might have a different opinion. I think this is a feature.

  It certainly is not.  Having guides on how decisions are made are
raising transparency.  Transparency will make the Maintainers be more
comfortable wether something is worth to be done.  Feeling comfortable
raises motivation and slows down Burn-out effects.

  Decisions should not be made out of the stomach of each individual
ftpmaster.  QA can only be done if decisions are made out of reasons,
and even if it takes that all ftpmasters talk to each other when they
are in doubt.  An decision as ftpmaster shouldnt be done as James Troup
or as Daniel Silverstone - it should be made as the role "ftpmaster".

  Saying that "another ftpmaster might think different" is proof enough
of a doubt; it would be better to say: "your package has to wait, i will
clear up with the group of ftpmasters wether this package is acceptable
for debian."

--
Rico -mc- Gloeckner | 1024D/61F05B8C |     jabber:mc@micq.org
http://www.ukeer.de |    RICO-RIPE   | sip:42@daheim.ukeer.de