Re: radiusd-freeradius history and future

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:39:52PM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 21:00, Paul Hampson wrote:
> > PostgreSQL requires license changes, and I've not had much luck buiding
> > impetus for this, nor even identified an exact change that would be
> > needed.
>
> I'm intrigued as to how the PostgreSQL licence can conflict with
> anything, since it's BSD.

The problem is that I'm an idiot...

PostgreSQL support in a Debian freeradius package requires a license
change in FreeRADIUS...

Because the FreeRADIUS PostgreSQL module is GPL, and I'm reliably
informed by all comers that means it can't link to libpgsql.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.