Re: [SSI-devel] development direction...

Hello all,

I'm Cc:-ing debian-devel
The original thread is at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6473235

The question is whether there are any processes within the Debian project that
could eliminate the obstacles Aneesh pointed out to us.

Regs,

Csan

(I'm not subscribed to debian-devel, please Cc: me)

Idézés Aneesh Kumar KV <aneesh.kumar@digital.com>:

> Watson, Brian J. (HP) wrote:
>
> >Csan wrote:
> >

> >>Just curious... have you considered migrating to the Debian Project as
> >>

> >a base?
> >
> >Aneesh Kumar has historically maintained Debian support for openSSI.
> >Unfortunately, he hasn't had much time recently, so it's fallen a bit
> >out-of-date.
> >
> >Mario Carvalho has volunteered to help pick up some of the slack. I
> >think he's more interested in built-from-scratch vanilla distros, which
> >  may not be dramatically different from Debian. He's probably waiting
> >for me to respond to some of his e-mails before moving forward on this.
> >;)
> >
> >If anyone else would like to contribute to Debian support, I'm sure
> >Aneesh and Mario would appreciate it.
> >

> Debian is lacking the below features
>
> 1) Phase 2 of clusterwide run level support
> 2) Latest openssi patches with vanilla tree ( probably not important for
> x86 user ), because some of the command now depends on the latest
> features in the kernel.
>
> In case anybody need any help in understanding how things work now  feel
> free to ask me.
>
> -aneesh
> --
>
> ph: 603-884-5742

Csan  alias  Janos Holanyi
Debian Group leader - Association of Hungarian Linux Users
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 82CBB661