Re: [SSI-devel] development direction...

Hello all,

I'm Cc:-ing debian-devel
The original thread is at

The question is whether there are any processes within the Debian project that
could eliminate the obstacles Aneesh pointed out to us.

(I'm not subscribed to debian-devel, please Cc: me)

Idézés Aneesh Kumar KV <aneesh.kumar@digital.com>:

> Watson, Brian J. (HP) wrote:
> >Csan wrote:
> >

> >>Just curious... have you considered migrating to the Debian Project as
> >>

> >a base?
> >
> >Aneesh Kumar has historically maintained Debian support for openSSI.
> >Unfortunately, he hasn't had much time recently, so it's fallen a bit
> >out-of-date.
> >
> >Mario Carvalho has volunteered to help pick up some of the slack. I
> >think he's more interested in built-from-scratch vanilla distros, which
> >  may not be dramatically different from Debian. He's probably waiting
> >for me to respond to some of his e-mails before moving forward on this.
> >;)
> >
> >If anyone else would like to contribute to Debian support, I'm sure
> >Aneesh and Mario would appreciate it.
> >

> Debian is lacking the below features
> 1) Phase 2 of clusterwide run level support
> 2) Latest openssi patches with vanilla tree ( probably not important for
> x86 user ), because some of the command now depends on the latest
> features in the kernel.
> In case anybody need any help in understanding how things work now  feel
> free to ask me.
> -aneesh
> --
> ph: 603-884-5742

Csan  alias  Janos Holanyi
Debian Group leader - Association of Hungarian Linux Users
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 82CBB661