Re: kernel package names (was Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers)

On 05-Nov-03, 19:14 (CST), Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm in two minds whether or not to ask this, but I've been wondering
> about the naming scheme for linux packages - kernel-*. Why not
> linux-kernel-* or linux-* ? If alternative kernels in debian become
> more popular, is there a potential for confusion in the future?

Surely these won't all show up in the same Packages file...if you're
running GNU/KFreeBSD, it will be a FreeBSD kernel, right? Why would the
Linux and Hurd kernels even be in the list?

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net