Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@bylands.dur.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> I'd prefer the old way.

>> And can you give a substantive reason?  Without one your message makes
>> no sense.

> The new method installs linux-kernel-headers;

The old method installed kernel-headers, too. Just not in a separate

> these do not necessarily match the version of the kernel which the
> user has.

And they need not. /usr/include/linux should match the headers the
c-library was compiled against.

> For example, I am running 2.4.22 but the
> linux-kernel-headers package that aptitude wants me to install is
> 2.5.999-test7-bk-6.

> I don't know whether this package needs to match the kernel version or
> not, but if not I think the name is poorly chosen.

So your "substantive reason" is: "The name of the new package is
poorly chosen."? - I don't think so, it describes the contents rather
well, doesn't it?
           cu andreas
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_