Re: [debian-devel] Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:48:09AM +0000, Magos?nyi ?rp?d wrote:
> I guess having kernel-image-vanilla and/or
> kernel-image-onlybugfix in debian would not hurt.

Or kernel-image-hx ... what caught me out was believing
kernel-image-2.4.xx or whatever was relatively pristine. However naive
that makes me I know I am not alone.

> I think the same about the rest, however I understand that
> Herbert does the best kernel debs you can apt-get install,
> and he does a very importand job no one else is willing to
> do, and he does it well (but with a different approach I or
> you do not do).

I definitely appreciate Herbert's work, regardless of my differences of
opinion on how it should be done :-)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/