Re: Circular Build-Depends; am I their only enemy?

* John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> [031102 16:51]:
> Anthony DeRobertis writes:
> > For example, things it only needs to build documentation.
> Yes.  The other day I wanted to work on a bug in Privoxy and had download
> an enormous documentation toolchain to get it to build.

Well, that is mostly another can of worms. Improving build-systems and
packages to get such things from Build-Depends to Build-Depends-Indep
would not only improve bootstrapping of new arches, but also make
live for the buildds easier. Though looking at past discussions, that
does not seem to be that easy...

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.