Re: Circular Build-Depends; am I their only enemy?

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 01:53, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

> Am I the only people who things that, ideally, one could build Debian
> from source, starting with only Essential and Build-Essential packages?

Yup, you're the only one.

I'd be entertained how you intend to resolve the fact that "make" uses
"make" to be built.  (Or that "gcc" requires a C compiler!)

The way you resolve circular build dependencies is to bootstrap the
package in some way, this may mean ignoring some missing depends or it
may simply mean installing the binary package in the first place.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?