Re: [Deb] Re: Localized bug reporting?

Quoting Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com>:

> It wouldn't be better if the bug continues to be reported against the
> package and then the developer reports a bug against the "pt_BR team"
> asking for a translation?

I think that would generate too much unnecessary bugs and duplicated effort...
think of a highly active local community...

What do you think of the idea where external BTS'es could take off the load of
the main Debian BTS and act as translator interfaces to the main Debian BTS?

Such external BTS'es would be restricted to only non-English speakers (actually,
writers ;)) as a requirement and volunteers from that community would be able to
adopt local bugs and act as intelligent translators.

By intelligency I mean that those volunteer translators could act also as
filters where most of FAQ-type bugs could be answered by himself and not report
duplicated bugs to the main Debian BTS.

There could be also other advantages of such "leaf" BTS-nodes of a world-wide
BTS-net :)

Csan  alias  Janos Holanyi
Debian Group leader - Association of Hungarian Linux Users
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 82CBB661