Re: Localized bug reporting?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:52:00PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> It wouldn't be better if the bug continues to be reported against the
> package and then the developer reports a bug against the "pt_BR team"
> asking for a translation?

But then the maintainer of the package relies on the translators, and
can't close the bug if he gets no response.

Doing it the other way, the translators become more reponsible. I think
it puts the majority of the work right where it needs to be. Plus it
limits the number of languages to just those that are supported,
otherwise you might get arbitrary language being submmited in bug
reports with no one to translate it.

Also your approach requires that the maintainer become too familiar with
how to handle all the language stuff, when all he should have to do is
responsd to the translator.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/