Re: Brief descriptions in menu entries

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 08:19:58PM -0700, Eric Schwartz wrote:

> Applications -> Internet -> Web Browsers -> Mozilla
>                                             Galeon
>                                             etc.
>
> If that's a bad idea (because there's too few entries to be useful)
> then so is your proposal, for the same reason.

Is this not already possible, using the menu hints system? I don't know
myself because I am too scared to try it, plus modifying the menu
settings is a system-wide procedure at the moment and I want it on a
user basis.

> ... they probably know how to use man(1) to
> figure out what a program does, or even *gasp* run it to find out.

Argh! Running a program is not the best way to find out what it does. rm
-rf produces little, if any, output in many situations for example.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/