Re: Brief descriptions in menu entries

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2003 06:02 schrieb Ben Burton:
> The primary purpose of genericname is not to sort apps by functionality.
> It's to tell users what app_with_strange_name is used for.

I guess the information could be handy,
but the presentation could be much better than this one:
"Applications -> Internet -> Web Browser (Galeon)
                             Web Browser (Konqueror)
                             Web Browser (Mozilla)
                             Web Browser (Mozilla Firebird)
                             Web Browser (blah) "
Using "tool tips" would offer the same information in a nicer way.

Ciao,
		Eike