Re: Testing/help needed - experimental glibc version

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:02:56PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mar 21/10/2003 à 19:03, Daniel Jacobowitz a écrit :
> > As some of you may have seen, there's a new version of glibc in unstable.
> > It has a couple of nice features - particularly for x86, where both
> > i686-optimized libraries and NPTL support are included.  There are also
> > sparcv9 libraries.  And the packaging has been totally redone for a number
> > of benefits.
>
> Do you intend to make these packages support a system-wide locale
> setting as explained in bug#214898 ? This is a one-liner change which
> would bring huge improvement for e.g. gdm or cups. Or do you think it
> should be discussed further, and/or wait for after sarge?

These packages are to address a particular problem - updating the
version to support NPTL and TLS, without breaking everyone else.  So in
this context, no.

In general I don't handle locale-related bugs so you'll have to get a
response to that bug from one of our other glibc maintainers on
debian-glibc.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz