Re: Package which uses jam (instead make)

On 17-Oct-03, 13:24 (CDT), Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:20:03PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > You aren't trying to make debian/rules a jam script are you?
>
> Even if he was, that would be fine if he knew how to do it properly.

   Policy 4.8:

   This file must be an executable makefile, and contains the
   package-specific recipes for compiling the package and building
   binary package(s) from the source.

There was a lot of discussion of this some years ago (possibly in
relationship to shoop?). I don't remember why we don't allow anything
that meets the expected interface.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland