Re: recent spam to this list

Joel Baker writes:
> I'm sorry, but your individual desire to be able to send mail from
> anywhere on the planet, claiming to be anyone on the planet...

What makes you think I want to claim to be "anyone on the planet"?
I have a valid domain and I want replies and bounces to go to it.

> If adding .1 to your SA score for lacking a repudiation protocol, and 3
> (or 5, or whatever) for claiming to be from a domain that denies that it
> origionates mail to the rest of the world from your IP...

I have no IP.  Outgoing mail from home goes via my ISP's smarthost.
Incoming mail goes to his POP server.

> If lacking a domain-authorized relay point comes to eventually have the
> same statistics, you'd better bet that you'll have the same sorts of
> penalties in spamfilters.

What do you mean by "a domain-authorized relay point"?  It was my
understanding that the idea behind SPF was that I would list in the DNS for
my domain the IPs that were authorized to send mail claiming to be from my
domain.  That would be fine with me, but I evidently misunderstood.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)