Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

Hi!

Am 2003-09-22 11:55 +0200 schrieb Eduard Bloch:
> > significantly modified; why aren't those modifications distributed as
> > seperate kernel patches / debian packages in the same way grsec is?
>
> Martin can _simply_ create an alternative "apply" script which unpatches
> the Debian source when needed before applying the grsec patch. Quiet,
> transparent solution.

When Debian claims to ship kernels with security patches, then another
Debian package should not silently remove them; that would be very
dangerous (and IMHO silly). I could live with this solution if such an
unpatch is verbosely announced to the user (let's say, with a debconf
note of priority high).

Have a nice day!

Martin
--