Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2003-09-21 14:44]:
> What you distribute as 2.4.22 is not 2.4.22.

So what?  Most packages in Debian devate from upstream in one way or
another.  That's the added value we provide.  I'm happy that Herbert
carefully selects what to backport and I appreciate this effort.
(Also note that Red Hat modify the upstream kernel and libc in a quite
drastic way; in fact, their kernel is much more modified than ours).

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com