Re: Virus emails

Hi *,

Am 2003-09-20  9:42 -0400 schrieb John Belmonte:
> This is more than an annoyance for some of us.  My mailbox capacity is
> only 2MB.  Every night it is getting filled and temporarily rejecting mail.

I had the same problem, I already considered it as a DoS attack. But I
installed a procmail rule filtering out all exe/com/bat
'Content-Type:'s to /dev/null, which catches them all :-)

> So the question is, are Debian developers the only "mass mailing" target
> of this worm or have other people and groups also been targeted?

No, the worm is probably not fussy about its targets. I talked to
several other people in various forums, it also hits people who never
wrote to a debian list.

Martin
--
Martin Pitt