Re: Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

On 17-Sep-03, 22:15 (CDT), Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:58:13PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> [...]
> >   * Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>:
> >     Apply patch, to handle missing infodir.bak, and empty files.  Closes:
> >     #196361
> [...]
> >   * Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org>:
> >     Fix inverted test of eof in parsedb, while looking for eof after
> >     field name.  Closes: #198218
>
> I found these hard to scan visually.

Interesting. I actually find them easier - I can just ignore the first
line[1], rather than having to skip a variable amount to find the
beginning of the interesting text.

Different strokes, YMMV, etc.

Steve

[1] Not that I'm saying you shouldn't give credit, just that when
scanning a changelog for a fix I'm interested in, I don't much care
*who* fixed it. :-)

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net