Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

This is starting to happen far too often for my comfort, so I feel the need
to rant a bit.

After I took the time to track down this bug and send a patch to the BTS,
when you finally fixed the bug a year later, the least you could do is to
actually document the change in the changelog.  Is this really too much to
ask?  The changelog is not a bug-closing device, it's a place to document

This section in the developer's reference has a good set of guidelines for
writing useful changelog entries, and I would be forever grateful if anyone
who has not read it already would do so.

 - mdz