Re: Re: (Too?) many TCL versions in the archive

> If you want
> everything to build under 8.4 correctly, then supply the patches to do > it. > Otherwise I, for one, will summarily close any bug you report on the > matter.

Is this a common attitude - "don't bother reporting problems with newer versions of the infrastructure; documenting defects are of no use to someone who might come along in the future and want to upgrade?"

Do defect reports about not compiling with the latest C compiler, or not linking against the latest C libraries, etc. also just get closed if someone doesn't have a patch to fix the problem?