Re: Done

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Sure, I could down load all these packages, and learn about
>  them, and write up the patches, but what in gods good name  has the
>  maintainer signed up to do? Isn't the maintainer the one most likely
>  to know what a package does, and given the questions the long
>  description ought to answer, should it not be the maintainer doing
>  this? This would be the far more efficient process.

Part of the problem is that the maintainer is often someone who has been
close to the software in the package for years, and is familiar with all
of the acronyms and jargon surrounding it. That can make it hard to
write a good description. We would do better with more peer review --
the ITPs that include descriptions and get comments always turn out
better.

--
see shy jo