Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:40:10PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Thank you!
> > A mass bug filing that was well over due.
> >
> > Hopefully the maintainers will fix them in the proper way.
>
> Don't count on it.  Javier's failure to proceed in a letter-perfect
> fashion (he didn't restrict the reports to maintonly, for example), is
> all the excuse many developers need to ignore the reports and continue
> to let their package descriptions suck.
>
> Hell, I'm sure we've got a few people to self-righteously lazy that
> they'd refuse to fix a mass-filed bug even it followed the procedure to
> a T, because they "object to mass-filings on principle".

I agree with that assessment. Many people who are carefree enough to pretend
a oneliner qualifies for a long description in the first place aren't likely
to fix stuff unless they're spoonfed the right stuff.

And sometimes, not even then... hi calc! #157758.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.