Re: Done

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:29:38 +0200, Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> said:

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>> Just a note to all developers that I have sent the bugs (734)
>> related to this policy violation.

>    Ok, now that I've calmed down a bit, I won't bitch about the
>    useless
> dupes, and I'm even willing to fix my stuff. However there are 13 of
> my packages for which I don't really know how to enhance the
> description.

>    Can anyone suggest better descriptions for my -data packages? I
>  have five packages (allegro-demo, kq, rafkill, powermanga, wing) that are
> split in ${foo} and ${foo}-data, with this description:

Package: kq-data
 This package contains the architecture-independent data for the
 adventure game kq.  In most cases, you will never have to install
 kq-data directly, it shall be pulled in automatically if you install
 kq. At this point, there are no other packages which provide an
 alternative data set for kq.

>    I also have 8 other legacy packages, which should not be
> installed and are only here to provide smooth upgrades. The
> description is like this example:

> Package: vlc-alsa Description: legacy package that you should remove
>  This package is now called vlc-plugin-alsa.
 This package is a place holder, and only present to provide a smooth
 upgrade path for  vlc-alsa. This package can be safely removed when
 installed.  If you did not have vlc-alsa installed previously, there
 is no need to install this package.

	If you really need help in providing a new user enough
 information to determine whether they shoulkd install your package or
 not, please contact me off list, and I'll try and help to the extent
 of my free time.

	manoj
--
Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's
ego.