Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.1-1 (i386 source)

Ross Burton <ross@debian.org> a tapoté :

> On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 14:18, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > > We've gone through this many times already.  Upstream changes should
> > > not be documented in the Debian changelog, even if they fix bugs in
> > > the Debian BTS.
> >
> > Because users that submitted bugs using the Debian BTS do not deserve
> > the right to get a mail meaningful about the bug they reported?
>
> "The bug has been fixed" is everything I would need to know.  I don't
> really care if it was a typo, a new library, a rebuild or some magic
> incantation with black dribbling candles, the bug has been fixed.

This approach surely don't raise the level of Debian.
Maybe *you* do not care of the details about the bug you reported. But
a Debian developer is entitled, normally, to provide information
according to what *users* can expect.
We are not here speaking about what some people do not care about but
what some debian users do care about and how they can be easily
satisfied.

The fact that frequently we have to talk about that proves at least
one thing: some users do care about details of the bugs and expect to
get them in the changelog they receive by mails.

If as debian developer you do care about what some *users* wants, the
safest solution is to provide this information. It should takes you
about 3 minutes to document these bugfixes. It is too much?

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: