Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:01:26PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Quite.  But I believe that doing NMUs *does* improve the overall quality
> of Debian, and I believe that putting NMUers on the spot over bugs they
> didn't cause would be a sufficient deterrent that Debian would suffer
> for it.

Honestly, I think you're underrating the capacity of our developer body.

Taking responsibility for potential problem doesn't mean knowing the
answer to everything that might happen, and it doesn't mean fixing it
yourself. It means staying around, and staying active, until the problem
is fixed.

It's the difference between asking for help and searching for help:
between saying "hello, can anyone help? No. Oh well. I tried." and
"hello, can anyone help? No? Hrm, how about over here? No? What about
you guys? Well, how about any tips? ..."

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?
                      Am I getting paid for this?''