Re: Sarge+1: ideas for Experimental V1.2 (or is that 0.2?)

* Mark Howard (mh@debian.org) [030826 21:35]:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 03:46:33PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > the system. (And, I don't believe that a proposal with so many changes
> > to the pool and mirror system has a real chance to be implemented.)

> Why do you need many changes?

Because you can select your applications from experimental und the
basic libraries not. If you have a chains of four dependencies (e.g.
for kde) where you can independly select whether from experimental or
not, you'll end up with 16 variants. You may perhaps get some out of
the same files, but not all. And you can't (trivially) put more a
package more than once with the exactly same version number in the
pool. We're having this problem with subarchitectures (a thing more
prominent to solve IMHO), and it would be far worse here.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/