Re: tmda: Challenge-response is fundamentally broken

On ke, 2003-08-27 at 13:44, Stephen Stafford wrote:
> YOU might not agree that C-R systems are good (personally I detest them),
> but that does NOT mean that we shouldn't release one.  If the package is in
> good shape and functions as advertised, then it IS fit for release.

TDMA seems to hurt innocent outsiders by sending them mail (e.g., in
response to garbage sent by viruses or spammers). The other examples you
gave (Emacs, Gnome, CUPS) don't do that, as far as I know. The
difference is important, I think.

Whether TDMA's behavior is bad enough to warrant removal from Debian I
don't know. (It is an issue I find it hard to be objective about.)

--
http://liw.iki.fi/liw/photos/swordmaiden/