Re: Sarge+1: ideas for Experimental V1.2 (or is that 0.2?)

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:

> * Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) [030826 15:20]:
> > Only those contained in the sections enabled on the users system. If
> > you have experimental-core and experimental-gnome all gnome debs
> > should be comnpiled against the experimental glibc for example.
>
> This mass-introduces bugs reports of glibc-bugs to other packages. No,
> glibc (and the other core parts) must be the most conservative part of

If you are not able to test experimental-core packages properly (like
glibc) then don't have experimental-core activated on your client.

What I'm suposing is to use just those experimental sections activated
on the client.

> the system. (And, I don't believe that a proposal with so many changes
> to the pool and mirror system has a real chance to be implemented.)

The pool doesn't change at all. Its a change of the script generating
the Packages/Sources files (adding a few lines for the new files) and
a long needed fix for source-only uploads to the mirror maintanace
scripts.

Thats if you keep with building eperimental packages on the fly on the
client. If not you have a bunch of changes to the autobuilders.

Moving debs from experimental to sid can be done by uploading anew
package to sid instead of experimental just as it is now. No changed
needed there.

MfG
        Goswin