Re: Binaryless uploads

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:40:18 -0400 (EDT), Jaldhar H Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org> said:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Since the source goes into Debian main, keeping the sources
>> together means that we are distributing non-free material in Debian
>> main, which not only violates the social contract, it may well be
>> illegal (or have people who distribute debnian CD's indulge in
>> illegal activity), depending on how non free the non free bits are.
>>
>> This needs be corrected ASAP, and a bug needs be filed on
>> ftp.debian.org to have the old sources, containing the non-fee
>> bits, be removed from main.
>>

> Just to clarify, the current webmin.orig.tar.gz has the source to
> the non-free modules but binary packages are not built from them.

	I got that. I don't think I care. It is not relevant. If I have:
deb-src http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian sid main contrib
 in my souces.list, and I do apt-get webmin-blah; and non free junk
 lands on my machine, the social contract has been violated.

	You are aware that source code is part of debian, right? And
 sources in main are part of debian? Ad main should not contain
 non-free stuff, as per the social contract?

	manoj
--
There may be said to be two classes of people in the world; those who
constantly divide the people of the world into two classes and those