Re: Binaryless uploads

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:03:15 -0400 (EDT), Jaldhar H Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org> said:

> It has source for all the modules including the non-free ones.
> However the binary packages for those modules are built from
> seperate source packages not this one.

> The only reason for having the webmin.orig.tar.gz as it is was to
> provide something approximating the upstream tarball. It sounds like
> I don't need to bother about that.

	Since the source goes into Debian main, keeping the sources
 together means that we are distributing non-free material in Debian
 main, which not only violates the social contract, it may well be
 illegal (or have people who distribute debnian CD's indulge in
 illegal activity), depending on how non free the non free bits are.

	This needs be corrected ASAP, and a bug needs be filed on
 ftp.debian.org to have the old sources, containing the non-fee bits,
 be removed from main.

	manoj
--
We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.