Re: What doing with an uncooperative maintainer ?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:13:43PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:
> > It's my impression that Ryan is atypically hostile towards NMUers;
> > however, the case here for an NMU, at least as it's been presented to
> > this mailing list, doesn't seem very strong.  It would be better to have
> > the issues concretely documented in the BTS before attempting to hijack.
> > Maybe the reasons why the new upstream is so much better than the
> > current package are obvious to you -- they're certainly not obvious to
> > me.
>
> This is *not* a NMU problem, but a maintainer problem!
>
> I've no pb with this "don't NMU", but with the fact that the maintainer
> doesn't add any comment on the bug report in 2 months to give his advice
> (and he's not away, the reponse to the NMU comment was some hours after
> send), doesn't reponse to comments on bug report, doesn't reply to mail,
> etc ...

That's been my experience as well.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=108715&archive=yes

(Note in particular the time estimates provided, and contrast this with
when things actually happened.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "Then how could astronauts walk