Re: What doing with an uncooperative maintainer ?

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> If there are non-wishlist bugs fixed by the new upstream release, has
> this been documented in the BTS?  (I.e., has an attempt been made to
> point this out to Ryan?)
>
> It's my impression that Ryan is atypically hostile towards NMUers;
> however, the case here for an NMU, at least as it's been presented to
> this mailing list, doesn't seem very strong.  It would be better to have
> the issues concretely documented in the BTS before attempting to hijack.
> Maybe the reasons why the new upstream is so much better than the
> current package are obvious to you -- they're certainly not obvious to
> me.

This is *not* a NMU problem, but a maintainer problem!

I've no pb with this "don't NMU", but with the fact that the maintainer
doesn't add any comment on the bug report in 2 months to give his advice
(and he's not away, the reponse to the NMU comment was some hours after
send), doesn't reponse to comments on bug report, doesn't reply to mail,
etc ...

So there is no way to communicate with the maintainer ... I think that
a maintainer should have some minutes in 2 months to send a comment in a
bug report and not lets a uneless package going into archive because of
his no responding.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher