Re: Unmaintained Packages (was: Getting patches into packages, thought and ideas)

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:58:45PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> [...] I've made the
> expirience that there are Maintainers that can't accept that they
> really should turn over a package to someone else. In this case the
> only thing that helps is to discuss this here, and hope of the
> blessings of - well, I think of the DPL. This is not nice, and I
> personally don't like to take away a package from someone in this way.

Fortunately, taking over such packages is self-correcting: if the
maintainer really is active, he can take the package back with one
upload.  If the maintainer continues to make noise without ever
actually making that upload, then you'll know you did the right thing...

Richard Braakman