Re: Unmaintained Packages (was: Getting patches into packages, thought and ideas)

* Richard Braakman (dark@xs4all.nl) [030819 01:20]:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:58:45PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > [...] I've made the
> > expirience that there are Maintainers that can't accept that they
> > really should turn over a package to someone else. In this case the
> > only thing that helps is to discuss this here, and hope of the
> > blessings of - well, I think of the DPL. This is not nice, and I
> > personally don't like to take away a package from someone in this way.

> Fortunately, taking over such packages is self-correcting: if the
> maintainer really is active, he can take the package back with one
> upload.  If the maintainer continues to make noise without ever
> actually making that upload, then you'll know you did the right thing...

There is at least one package where the maintainer reverted an NMU and
made a active warning in the doc-directory. Needless to say that
nothing else has changed to the last maintainer upload.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/