Re: About NM and Next Release

Moin Goswin!
Goswin von Brederlow schrieb am Thursday, den 07. August 2003:

> > > Working on boot-floppies and debian-installer is not realy fruitfull
> > > as non-DD. cvs access goes a long way there.
> >
> > I must have severe reading and parsing problems today, because I don't
> > understand what you are saying. The way we handle this in d-i, is that we
> > encourage contributors to send patches to the mailing list. If the patches
> > are good, we apply them. When we get tired of applying good patches, we
> > get the person a pserver cvs account. When we get tired of uploading their
> > packages, we bug them to become developers and carefully prod elmo about
> > it, too.
>
> e.g. my devfs patches never got added to boot-floppies to my knowledge
> and I never got told what would be wrong with them.

Somehow I cannot remember devfs patches from you - was it in the time
when Adam was the main developer? Currently BenC is working on basic
devfs integration, feel free to help.

> For the mklibs.py changes Falk Hueffner was luckily intrested and I
> can prod him physically so he coauthored and got them added. Without
> him I wouldn't have bothered trying to write patches due to my
> boot-floppies experience.

What we need is a database with simple mailing list function (similar to
PTS) where willing sponsors for a certain package can subscribe and
sponsorees with much motivation can send diffs for the next version
upgrade. Easy to review and check, easy to build and upload. And easy to
comment and communicate with other sponsors or co-maintainers.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Lieber einen von innen verstellbaren Außenspiegel, als einen von außen
verstellbaren Innenspiegel.