Re: Binaryless uploads [Was: FTBFS: architecture all packages]

Andrew Suffield wrote:
>>What causes FTBFS bugs now:
>>1. Bad Build-Depends.
> These are handled by the current system - they're trapped on the buildd.

I think the point at hand ist that such broken uploads will cause a broken
package in unstable thus (possibly) preventing other maintainer's from entering
testing.

While all this is new, I think that testing adds a certain additional delicacy
to dependencies. This in itself isn't that new, either, but the two points
together seem to seem be problematic and not properly addressed in the current
system. [0]

Cheers

T.

0. I'm short on evidence on this claim.