Re: Getting patches into packages, thought and ideas

Andrew Suffield wrote:
>glibc is even worse. It has multiple maintainers, and they still don't
>have enough time to chase down all the important bugs, let alone
>insignificant ones like this.

This is unfortunately true; glibc seems to be severely broken on a
routine basis upstream.  Kinda makes me want a new, freshly written C
library, but that's not an easy prospect.  :-)

--
However, not having enough time to chase down important bugs is no
excuse for not reviewing simple patches to fix simple bugs, which

For example, bug 12411 is a documentation bug with a very short patch.
Surely some libc maintainer could find the time to say one of the
following:

1.  This is fine, committed it.
2.  I sent this upstream.
3.  Please send this upstream, not to us.
4.  This patch doesn't look like an improvement to me, for reason X.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html