Re: NM non-process

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:41:20AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 04:56:59AM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
>
> > I know of several DDs and non-DDs thinking about creating a Debian2
> > (or whatever named) project due to this and other lack of responce
> > problems and the group is growing. The danger is already there and
> > should not be ignored.
>
> Why is this a danger?  This is one of the freedoms provided by free
> software, which we work hard to promote.

Because while it is one of the freedomes provide by free software, and
one we work hard to promote, there would be a lot of time and effort in
setting up another Debian-like infrastructure.  This effort could be put
toward the current Debian infrastructure if it was accepted (which
remains to be seen), rather than to reimplementing a good deal of the
already existing infrastructure for another project.  This could in some
ways result in something of a competition for developers between the two
projects, thus resulting in each being something less than they could
have been as one.

--
Jamin W. Collins