Re: Usefulness of SSMTP [Was: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?]

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 18:04, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> I'm not sure why ssmtp has TLS disabled by default; perhaps a bug should be
> filed?  It seems like it would provide all of the needed outgoing MTA
> functionality without requiring a daemon.

Looking at the SSMTP bug page, the package seems to be very
unmaintained. :/ Two important bugs, one of which I'd consider critical,
both with patches, and no update for 6 months.

I'm going to test a package with TLS (and probably the other patches in
the BTS); if I don't find anything wrong, I'll file another bug.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>