Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

* Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [030806 13:43]:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:10:03 +0200
> "Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> > If mutt spoke SMTP, it would be a MTA itself. (Perhaps still missing
> > the proper interface to link /usr/lib/sendmail to mutt, but that would
> > be the lesser part).
>
>     No, it would not.  It would be using another method of accessing an MTA.
> Just because Mozilla speaks HTTP, HTTPS and FTP doesn't make it a web server,
> a secure web server and an ftp server.

Perhaps we disagree what MTA means. I consider for example ssmpt to be a
MTA. (And judging from the package-description, it's maintainer seems
to believe the same). In other words I demand beeing able so send a mail
somewhere. (Which includes speaking SMTP, if one wants to reach
arbitrary hosts).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.