Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

* Morgon Kanter <morgon@surgo.net> [030806 07:57]:
> > I agree.  The main functionality of Mutt is to read *and* send mail.
> > Being able to only read mail archives is not the main functionality
> > but a backup functionality.  To be able to provide the main
> > functionality, an MTA is required, hence a dependency.
>
> What if the MTA is on a different host? Can't mutt speak SMTP?

If mutt spoke SMTP, it would be a MTA itself. (Perhaps still missing
the proper interface to link /usr/lib/sendmail to mutt, but that would
be the lesser part).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.